Day 1 - Dublin

My name is Matt Schwind. I have bright red hair, and I love to play sports. I played football, basketball and will be playing baseball this year. I am excited to go to Ireland to learn about vikings and have an experience that not many other schools have available to their students. I’m also excited because I will see more redheads in Ireland.

After a long flight across the pond the Ireland group was very tired, getting off the plane at 5am. The day started off by going to some good old fashioned McDonalds for breakfast (because nothing else was open at 6am) and headed back to the hotel for a Viking walking tour all around Dublin. We started off by walking by the post office and eventually made our way thee Viking Stane to where we believe the Vikings first landed in Dublin in the year 841 (see picture right).





After walking through some of Dublin, we stopped in to see the gardens at Dublin Castle (see picture left).







Afterwards we walked over to see the outlines of an old viking house that was excavated in the 1970's, right in the middle of the city. (see picture right).

After our walking tour we had a siesta to give everyone some rest then headed off to dinner. We ate at Flanagan's and just about everyone except Mr. Bender got some sort of beef. I think everyone will have a good night of sleep tonight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 7 - Limerick

Mid-trip Photo Collection

Day 6 - Kilmallock