Day 7 - Limerick




Hi, my name is Eva Powell and I’m a student at the Forman school. I decided to go on the Ireland trip because I love studying Vikings and wanted to get an up close look into their world, and also because I’ve never been to Ireland and wanted to go. I really want to learn about the Vikings travel patterns cause I think the way they traveled is interesting and different.


 Today, our Winterim group took a insightful walking tour around the rich historical town of Limerick. We learned about this rich and ancient city, finding out about Limerick's rulers, conquerors, and it’s marvelous past. One of the stories we learned was about St. Mary’s Cathedral in Limerick. We learned that the cathedral was built by Donal Mor O’Brien on the site of a viking shrine. Construction of the cathedral started around the 1100’s.




After learning about this awe-inspiring city, we then ventured to Escape Limerick. There we were split into groups and had to escape a dooming dungeon or a sinking pirate ship. The group I was put into was the pirate ship, where we were instructed to find our way out of two rooms, trying to solve puzzles and riddles. The experience with the escape room for me was fun and exciting and would definitely do it again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 8 - Return to Dublin

Day 2 - Glendalough Monastic City