Day 2 - Glendalough Monastic City


Hi! I am Lexi G. I’m a junior in Chase, not a prefect, and it’s my second year at Forman. I have always had an interest in Vikings and about their history, probably ever since the first How To Train Your Dragon movie came out about, so that’s about 9 years now, and I’ve been following the franchise ever since. Also I’ve always wanted to go to Ireland as well, so when I found out that there was a viking winterim in Ireland I was like, ‘First choice right there’. And I believe that I am a descendant from the vikings because at my old school, in 8th grade, I learned from my history teacher that vikings would have blond hair and blue eyes, and I have blue eyes and blond-ish hair. I’m not exactly sure if it’s true though, but that’s what my history teacher told me. And when I’m on this trip, hopefully I can find the answer to that as well.


So today, Thursday, February 28th, for starters we were in the car for a while...and I mean a while. The nice thing was that we stopped at a couple places to get out of the car and stretch and take pictures so I wasn’t crammed in their all day. At one point, about five minutes from our main destination, which was the Glendalough Monastic City, we stopped to get out and take pictures of the scenery(pictures below).




And then after that, after stopping for lunch, we headed over to the Monastic City and we all walked around and looked at the ruins and the graves, that were placed back then, that surrounded the ruins as well. We then traveled to Waterford for our next hotel.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 7 - Limerick

Day 8 - Return to Dublin

Mid-trip Photo Collection